Delay creams and sprays are being used as a quick fix solution of premature ejaculation which are preferred by many males.
They can be effective if the cause is physical hypersensitivity of the organ. There are other factors which are responsible for the problem of premature ejaculation. E.g. extreme anxiety and lack of control over sexual arousal. This article is to help you make an informed decision whether you should use these products for treating P.E or not.
First of all, lets discuss about the pros of delay creams and sprays.
1. Use as required : It needs to be used only when you are about to have sex. So, if you have sex only occasionally, you will be saved from the hassle using something on regular basis even when you are not having sex for long time.
2. Safety profile of components : The usual constituents used in these products are topical anesthetic compounds like benzocaine and lignocaine which are more or less safe and well tolerated.
3. Ease of use : They are easy to use. All you have to do is apply them just a while before having sex.
4. Available over the counter : You don’t have to get a doctor’s prescription to get them. You just go to the nearest medical store and buy the delay cream or spray according to your choice to treat premature ejaculation
These are all the benefits you get when you try to fix the problem of premature ejaculation with these products . Now we come to the negative side.
1. Erectile dysfunction : Due to the desensitizing effect of these products, sometimes the numbing effect is so much that you lose all the sensation and the penis fails to get erect. In such a case you may need to wait till the effect of delay cream or spray fades off and you can resume sex. This could result into quite an embarrassing situation and may take away all the sexual pleasure.
2. May affect the partner : The product may numb the vaginal canal of your partner due to which she might not be able to enjoy the sexual pleasure.
3. Loss of enjoyment : When the delay cream or spray makes your penis numb, you won’t feel the contact and the pleasure derived from sex will be remarkably reduced.
4. Not a permanent cure : These products are just a temporary solution to the problem but not a permanent cure of premature ejaculation.
So, as you have got to know the positives as well as negatives of the delay creams and sprays, you may decide whether you should use them or see a sexologist for the treatment of premature ejaculation.